Kimchi Saffron Mixed Seafood Risotto
Heat the fish stock to a boil in a pan.
In a heavy saucepan – add the olive oil, shallots, garlic and cook on a low heat for about 7 minutes until soft and translucent.
Add the rice to the pan and, with a wooden spoon, mix the rice. Allow the rice to toast for about 3 minutes and then add salt.
Slowly add the wine and stir until absorbed. Then add the octopus and squid.
Mix saffron with the fish stock.
Add a ladleful of stock to the rice and wait until it’s been absorbed before adding another.
Add chopped kimchi, mussels, clams, and prawns.
Continue adding stock until the rice is soft, while at the same time stirring with a wooden spoon. It will take approximately 15 minutes.
When done, spoon the risotto onto a plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Extra virgin olive oil 10 ml
- Finely chopped shallot 1
- Peeled and crushed garlic clove 1
- Italian rice 120 g
- Dry white wine 20 ml
- Fish stock 400 ml
- Pinch of saffron
- Chopped Jongga Napa Cabbage Kimchi 50 g
- Cleaned and sliced squid 150 g
- Piece of cleaned small octopus 2
- Mussels 50 g
- Clams 250 g
- Peeled and cleaned prawns 200 g
- Chopped Italian flat parsley for garnish